COMMUNICATION & ADVOCACY
This programme seeks to strengthen the capacity of ADSOCK members and the public and to empower them with knowledge and skills to effectively address issues of sexual and gender based violence and the violation of their human rights, to share experiences and use the lessons learnt to reach others.
This is done by sharing of information through interpersonal encounters, publications of Behaviour Change and Communication (BCC) materials, training sessions, strategic and inter-gender and integenerational dialogues and sharing of experiences and strategies from diverse communities. Through this programme ADSOCK also engages in networking and alliance building.
- Information packaging, repackaging, and dissemination;
- Sharing of information on human rights instruments;
- Documenting and disseminating lessons learnt and best practices;
- Increasing ADSOCK’s visibility through different forums and constituencies;
- Evidence-based planning and advocacy;
- Publication of Behaviour Change and Communication (BCC) materials;
- Planning implementation and joint review of activities with like-minded partners.
Strategic direction: Engaging ADSOCK membership and the public in innovative community mobilisation, sensitisation, education and transformational activities to promote gender justice, prevent and respond to SGBV and the spread of HIV & AIDS and to ensure social justice.
- Create a core of male and female advocates by establishing chapters in different counties for promotion of gender equality and the elimination of Sexual and Gender-Based Violence (SGBV) and the spread of HIV& AIDS;
- Create awareness, share information and experiences on (SGBV), HIV & AIDS and their impact on the realization of human rights;
- Strengthen networking and alliance building through joint programming, information sharing, lobbying and advocacy.